FORUMAMONTRES
AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
| |

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais

+7
jamonserrano
Kronofred
glatozen
tatuaje
Simon C
Deky
piers (uk)
11 participants
AuteurMessage
piers (uk)
Nouveau
piers (uk)

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais Empty
MessageSujet: Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais   Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais Empty3rd Mai 2013, 09:54

Bonjour FAMSTERS!

What follows is a rather long report on my visit to Bell&Ross at Baselworld 2013... Enjoy!!

PART ONE: INTRODUCTION & THE STAND

After a rather long and busy day, I've started off my Bell&Ross Basel reports with an introduction to the show / stand and the various themes that are being presented this year.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130196

As always a familiar clock greets you on arrival at Basel, but this year is slightly different for two reasons. Firstly the existing exhibition hall has been transformed by a gigantic metallic structure which extends from the main hall 1 out onto the street and hangs over you like a huge UFO...

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130197

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130203

This area has always been a social gathering place and typically people normally get over heated by the sun rays while they wait for colleagues or go for a much needed cigarette break... So this new structure would make sense to shield out the rays, however today it looks like we bought the English weather with us as it was cloudy and overcast.... which meant the new structure made the entrance feel quite dark!

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130210
[ my trusty travel partner]

On entering the hall we travel to the usual place at the back of hall one, to a new bigger stand, which is (As in the previous years) stark black making a dramatic contrast against the ultra bright white of Chanel next door.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130214

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130222

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130220

The outside of the hall exposes the classic collections from past years, such as heritage, commando and others that people view through small window displays.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130227

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130224

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130228

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130230

Inside the stand, which has a much larger downstairs area, the space is taken up with a new exhibit.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130218

Last year saw the Harley Davidson bike, which was hard to top, but this year Bell&Ross have transported the huge cockpit of the WWII fighter plane into their stand, for people to view and of course to sit in.

As Carlos said to us, many other watch companies reference the plane, but Bell&Ross are the only company that go inside the cockpit.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130240

With that I of course mean the BR01 Flight Instrument range, which you will know as the Heading indicator, the Climb and Airspeed.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130233

These are presented with last years instruments to 'complete' the set in a great looking wooden box display ( Serial numbers 1 to 99 will be presented only as a set of 6 in the wooden box).

So, before I go on further with separate reports for each watch collection I will recap with a quick glimpse of what is to come....

As mentioned we start in the cockpit with the 3 flight instruments

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130304

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130314

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130325

Then we move to this year's limited edition range for the Dassualt Falcon. Interesting to note, that many watch companies were approached about this project, which celebrates the 50th Anniversary however Bell&Ross were very proud to be part of this historic event with two watches; in 123 and 126 format. Please note that the pictures below show the dial in development, the final dial will be matt brown but shiny as represented by these photos.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130347

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130260

Complimenting this range is the regular Vintage heritage sport collection, which I think has resulted in the cleanest design Bell&Ross have created in years, the 123 sport. Who would have thought that the surprise Sport 126 from last year would influence this great design.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130330

Then we have the new Vintage WW1 Regulator Pink Gold. This for me is a highlight in design and function. Whilst the BR01 cockpit instruments are the iconic images for Bell&Ross, this really shows off their design, and is a real favourite of mine.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130309

Finally, for the moment at least, we have a new collection - the 'Golden Heritage' this is taking the much celebrated (and copied) creamed marker dials of the heritage collection onto a new level..

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130242

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130250

The reference for this is golden military - think of insignia, patches and decorations... these are what help to create this lovely new collection which are MUCH different in real life than in the photos. For example the dials have fine 'tropic' style textures (like the WWII) with gold applied indexes and an update to the strap, this is sure to become a great success.

I have outlined in detail the collections above with more photos and thoughts on the watches...

PART 2: FROM THE COCKPIT TO THE WRIST: THE BR01 AVIATION COLLECTION

First in my series of reviews on the collections presented this year at Baselworld is the BR01 AVIATION series of flight instruments which are directly influenced by instrumentation of the aircraft cockpits.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130240

Continuing on from the three released last year, for 2013 Bell&Ross have addresses three new instruments: the HEADING INDICATOR, the AIRSPEED and CLIMB. As before these will be released in limited editions ( 999 each ) and the first 99 will be sold as a set along with the 2012 instruments in lovely collectors box.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130232

Prior to me seeing these watches, my favorite from the press photos was the HEADING INDICATOR, this was followed by AIRSPEED with CLIMB taking third place, so I was interested to see how my opinion might change once I saw the watches on the wrist.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130349

Shown at the show are the three original instruments which offer a reference for the new collection.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130315

So first up is the HEADING INDICATOR. As an instrument this is used as a compass / course indicator and indicates the course the plane is on.

Bell&Ross have designed this using the disc based watch as seen previously on the Compass and BR01 Red Radar.

The plane is printed on the sapphire crystal in bright yellow, along with a central Bell&Ross logo - heading to 12H at all times. The hours are represented by the N triangle symbol, the minutes are represented by an middle disc. The seconds are the innermost disc are a yellow indicator line - So with that in mind, the photo above shows the time at 10:15 and 25 seconds. Probably the biggest challenge of this watch is reading the time takes slightly longer than normal - however I feel it is a special watch which you would wear when possibly not running to catch the train!

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130317

On the wrist it looks fantastic - very much as expected and I think compared to last years turn co-ordinator it is a great improvement on design. The use of yellow on this watch is in particular is a great accent and really makes the design complete.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130318

Next up is the BR01 AIRSPEED. In instrument form, this would indicate the speed of the aircraft in relation to air through which it is moving. Within the aircraft, the different colours indicate warnings (too fast! or too slow!)

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130326

On this watch, the warning symbols have been divided up into 15 minute segments, the ‘speed’ is represented by minutes and the Knots are represented by an inner hour design.

In design terms, this is probably closer to the ALTIMETER watch we saw last year - however unlike that watch it doesn’t contain a date function.

Of the three watches from this year, this is probably the most legible and also I think probably the one watch which represents Bell&Ross BR01 DNA in design at a glance. It’s a great looking watch, especially on the wrist and the use of colour is again a nice accent to the design.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130320

For me, probably the only notable item I would prefer would be for the hour hand to be phantom in colour - this would then accurately represent the true airspeed instrument. However I can see why this hasn’t been done - as it would make the inner hour function difficult to read.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130322

Finally we have the BR01 CLIMB. In instrument form, this is similar to the Airspeed, as it measures speed - however this is based on vertical speed and is based on atmospheric pressure.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130305

Out of the three watches, this is probably the most useful and I gather it will also be the most commercial for retailers. This is due to the date function and the useful power reserve function which is excellently represented by the yellow POWER indicator. Whilst the hour hand is in phantom format (Which helps to represent the original instrument) it is perfectly legible.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130302

On the wrist it looks great. Whilst it’s not a radically different to the ALTIMETER from last year, the PR function and yellow accent makes this watch more appealing.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130303

So that about wraps up my review of the flight instruments. Now I’ve seen all 6; I’ve rated my favorites:

1.HEADING INDICATOR 2013
2.ALTIMETER 2012
3.CLIMB 2013
4.TURN CO-ORDINATOR 2012
5.AIRPSPEED 2013
6.HORIZON 2012

Finally, I feel that now we have all 6 complete, I think it is time for Bell&Ross to look at a new direction for BR01... Still looking into the cockpit but maybe more interesting materials / dials and references so will be really interested to see what next year brings

PART 3: VINTAGE SPORT HERITAGE & DASSAULT FALCON

50 years ago saw the creation of the now famous Dassault Falcon 20 and this year it is being celebrated by a collaboration with Bell&Ross who release a superb new addition to their Vintage sport collection.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130342

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130258[

If we rewind to 2012, Bell&Ross presented the 126 SPORT HERITAGE for the first time, which was a combination of the officer and original 126 vintage watches with an addition of a fixed bezel. At the time the watch seemed a little out of place - it’s didn’t fit into a category (is it officer? is it original?) however it did get a some good press for it’s stunning looks.

Fast forward to this year, and we’re presented with a collection of 4 watches! first we have a regular line of vintage sport heritage watches; these are - black dial, cream markers, fixed bezel and retro looking rubber strap. Flip the watch over and you’re presented with a sapphire crystal where you can view the decorated ETA movement.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130337

For me, probably the most striking design is the VINTAGE SPORT HERITAGE 123. The use of the standard second hand (in white) is a great improvement over the sub seconds we saw on the original 123 watches. The cream markers give the watch a very retro styled finish and a small addition of red references watches from that period.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130336

At 41mm, on the wrist it’s a bit smaller than an BR03 however the addition of the bezel is a welcome boost and provides a great finishing touch to the watch. Quite a few people will complain that the bezel doesn’t move, however I think it looks great and functions perfectly as a indicator for minutes.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130334

The strap is ultra comfortable and the tang buckle is much better than the deployment as seen on the original watches.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130267

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130266

I do however think that for me a dark brown strap (As seen on the 123 carbon original) would work best on this watch and if I was buying I’d certainly get that as the daily wear and use the rubber as a back up.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130265

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130264

In addition to the regular line, the limited edition VINTAGE HERITAGE SPORT FALCON 123 and 126 offer a slightly different representation of the watch.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130261

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130262

It is quite difficult to give a final verdict on this as the dial was not correct. For these prototypes the dial was shiny however the final one will be matt brown with a slight ‘tropical’ effect as seen on the WWII watches from last year.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130259

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130258

Also not seen is the engraved caseback - this will contain applied sliver lettering on the reverse of the watch with the ’50 years of passion and innovation’ - I can imagine this looking stunning and look forward to seeing a final model.

One thing that does work well on the falcon is of course the strap which I mentioned above - it’s a great finish and will no doubt compliment the dial.

All in all, a very impressive line for the SPORT... it’s a great addition to the vintage collection and best of all my favourite the 123 will be the most affordable. BR-AVO Bell&Ross for this!

PART 4: WW1 REGULATEUR PINK GOLD (LTD EDITION 99 PIECES)

Continuing on from the Vintage WW1 Heure Sautante model introduced last year, Bell&Ross have produce a stunning pink gold WW1 regulator watch for Baselworld 2013.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130309-1

Utilising the regulator movement as seen on the WW2 last year, this new model strips back to basics to present a watch that is so subtle and refined it is an absolute delight to look at and wear.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130283

I would go to say that this is probably the nicest Bell&Ross designed watch I have ever seen!

The dial size is perfect - 42mm, it has a domed sapphire crystal and the iconic WW1 ‘styled’ wire lugs are fitted to a high quality alligator strap.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130282

The dial is a cream coloured and it is silvered (like a pearl) complementing this are beautiful and elegant blued hands making the watch extremely elegant.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130281-1

Of course being pink gold and limited edition this watch will probably be beyond the price of most, however the craftsmanship of the watch is just top notch. Whilst most people recognise Bell&Ross for their flight instruments and more affordable vintage watches, they should be applauded for the design of this fine watch.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130280

There is absolutely nothing more I have to say about this, other that I only wish I could afford to buy one - that is the only negative for me!

PART 5: BELL&ROSS BR03 GOLDEN HERITAGE

Ever since launching in 2009 with the BR01-92 The Heritage collection has been a huge hit and a great icon for the brand which has seen it grow into vintage, WW1 and BR03 models. This style of watch has also influenced countless other brands and just walking around Basel you often see ‘Heritage’ themed watches which have a touch of ‘Bell&Ross’ about them in styling...

Keen to keep evolving the design and reference, Bell&Ross are looking to expand their collection by offering a new Heritage collection - the GOLDEN HERITAGE was officially launched at Baselworld 2013 and this starts with the presentation of two BR03s.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130250-1

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130242

The design reference for this is the use of golden heritage items in military - notably, patches, badges, medals etc.

Below illustrate the types of gold - fabric and metal that both contain military heritage and are the kind of reference Bell&Ross are presenting with this new Time Instrument.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais Ba730-01

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais Military-rank13-embroidered-patch

So this leads me onto the actual watches, presented where a BR03-92 and BR03-94. This new range has applied golden indexes, markers (including the date) and hands to provide a very different look and feel to a familiar watch. A fine detail and hard to photograph is the dial - this is very dark brown matt coloured dial with tiny ‘speckles’ of colour - to provide a ‘tropical’ effect. This has been seen before on the WW2 and WW1 MonoPusher last year, however I feel the effect here is finer and more subtle.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130243

The case is as before - it is a standard BR03 stainless steel case with brushed finish and polished edges. Completing the look is a dark brown heritage strap which is lovely. This gives the watch a really different look, whilst still maintaining the Bell&Ross DNA.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130244

The key thing to note about these watches is they look VERY different in person than the press photos we’ve seen. The subtle colour of the dial and golden markers are really nice and catch the light with reflections.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130290

My only comment about these watches is the case. I feel this should have had a different finish - Possibly polished to enhance the gold elements on the dial or even given a subtle brown PVD finish which we saw with the WW2 last year, as it stands they are lovely watches but it does feel like a new dial on an old watch!

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130291

With that said, these are a welcome addition to the BR03 family and no doubt we will see the Golden Heritage collection expand to their other lines over the next couple of years.

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130292

THANKS FOR READING ALL MY BASEL REPORTS!! PIERS
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Deky
Pilier du forum
Deky

MessageSujet: Re: Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais   Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais Empty3rd Mai 2013, 10:26

piers (uk) a écrit:
a1104
Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais L1130218

Last year saw the Harley Davidson bike, which was hard to top, but this year Bell&Ross have transported the huge cockpit of the WWII fighter plane into their stand, for people to view and of course to sit in.

surrely not a WWII fighter...

piers (uk) a écrit:

As Carlos said to us, many other watch companies reference the plane, but Bell&Ross are the only company that go inside the cockpit.

he really said that ? applaud

For shure, the is no reason for IWC, Breitling, Breguet, Alpina...to reference the plane but B&R yes...

Deky
Simon C
Membre très actif
Simon C

MessageSujet: Re: Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais   Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais Empty3rd Mai 2013, 10:30

Merci Piers!
Excellent.

Le cockpit= F-84F Thunderstreak "The Red Falcon" from the 1950's
piers (uk)
Nouveau
piers (uk)

MessageSujet: Re: Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais   Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais Empty3rd Mai 2013, 12:09

Deky a écrit:

surrely not a WWII fighter...

he really said that ? applaud

For shure, the is no reason for IWC, Breitling, Breguet, Alpina...to reference the plane but B&R yes...

Deky

Yes he did say it.

There are lots of companies that produce pilot styled watches that are influenced by cockpits or vintage pilot watches, however Bell&Ross is the only watch brand to go inside the cockpit an produce instruments (i.e Heading Indicator) that are watches based directly on cockpit instruments.
tatuaje
Puits de connaissances
tatuaje

MessageSujet: Re: Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais   Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais Empty3rd Mai 2013, 12:38

Very nice report thanks! bravohap
http://www.atelierthibot.com/
glatozen
Animateur
glatozen

MessageSujet: Re: Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais   Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais Empty3rd Mai 2013, 15:25

Amazing report, thanks for sharing bravohap bravohap
http://www.glatozen.org
Kronofred
Membre référent
Kronofred

MessageSujet: Re: Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais   Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais Empty3rd Mai 2013, 15:37

Impressionnant en effet ! thumright
Disons que le Thunderstreak est "post-WW2" Wink
http://www.forumdashboard.fr
jamonserrano
Membre super actif
jamonserrano

MessageSujet: Re: Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais   Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais Empty3rd Mai 2013, 18:18

Merci!

J'ai beaucoup aimé le chrono flyback et le régulateur cette année. Et le Tourbillon "steampunk" a du caractère!

xzen
Membre Hyper actif
xzen

MessageSujet: Re: Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais   Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais Empty3rd Mai 2013, 19:42

thank you for this rapport
bravohap
laphroaig007
Membre éminent.
laphroaig007

MessageSujet: Re: Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais   Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais Empty3rd Mai 2013, 21:44

Merci Simon. Je pense que je vais poster sur ce topic mes propres photos prises sur place.
It was nice, as usual, meeting you all there !
Cheers !
Wink
https://forumamontres.forumactif.com/t85151-revue-de-ma-collectio
trinita
Membre éminent.
trinita

MessageSujet: Re: Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais   Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais Empty4th Mai 2013, 14:19

piers (uk) a écrit:
however Bell&Ross is the only watch brand to go inside the cockpit an produce instruments (i.e Heading Indicator) that are watches based directly on cockpit instruments.

Are you sure ?

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR48zkIWyUuzTp2iNN0gi9ODLBlY4H5XZwyCyy7vaMi1rM49q839A
Kronofred
Membre référent
Kronofred

MessageSujet: Re: Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais   Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais Empty4th Mai 2013, 17:31

Ça, c'est que j'appelle un hommage... Mr. Green
Deky
Pilier du forum
Deky

MessageSujet: Re: Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais   Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais Empty4th Mai 2013, 17:51

Kronofred a écrit:
Ça, c'est que j'appelle un hommage... Mr. Green

un hommage c'est quand ça sort après...quand ça sort 23 ans avant c'est l'original.... Mr. Green

ils font meme une '' heading'',certes beaucoup moins jolie mais plus lisible.... Mr. Green
http://pinterest.com/pin/547257792189867287/

Deky
Kronofred
Membre référent
Kronofred

MessageSujet: Re: Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais   Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais Empty4th Mai 2013, 18:00

Au temps pour moi Chinois
Gudzyy
Passionné de référence
Gudzyy

MessageSujet: Re: Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais   Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais Empty4th Mai 2013, 21:00

Merci pour ce compte rendu complet Piers.
trinita
Membre éminent.
trinita

MessageSujet: Re: Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais   Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais Empty4th Mai 2013, 22:28

C est vrai que l hommage de br est appuyé quand meme sur celles la....
Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais F4a3282df29c162b2d007292960db7ea

Sinon ma préférée est le regulateur, dommage qu elle se fasse pas en 39/40 pour les gens normaux...

Un grand rapport Baselworld en anglais
Page 1 sur 1